Everyone knows the importance of a printer and the role it plays in the daily lives of people. It provides a feeling of ease and it also saves a lot of time. And in the printer world, HP printers are considered to be one of the best. It has gained considerable recognition by millions of people because of its stylish and innovative design which not only looks good but performs brilliantly as well. AirPrint is a mobile application which enables the user to send print jobs to the printer through a wireless network in Apple devices. If you would like to know more you can talk to the representatives at HP printer customer support.
The process of setting up and configuring AirPrint on an HP printer involves quite a lot of detailed steps which should be carried out carefully and precisely. You have to first confirm the requirements, then the remote association, then downloading of the firmware and finally configuring AirPrint to the computer. So pay attention to the stages and steps mentioned below:
Check the compatibility of the printer with AirPrint.
You need to make sure that the printer meets all the compatibility requirement of the application. And also make sure that you have a device that can use AirPrint. Your Mac notebooks or computer should be Mac OS X 10 or higher. And your iPhone, iPad etc. should have iOS 4.2 or higher. You also need to have applications that can be used with AirPrint.
Connect the Apple device to the HP printer’s wireless network.
If you want to use AirPrint you must connect the Apple device plus the printer to the same network.
Download the most recent firmware on your computer.
If you have an outdated firmware then chances are that the configuration will not take place.
- Go to the official HP support page and click on ‘software and drivers’.
- Under this select ‘printer’ and click submit after entering your product details.
- And click on the ‘firmware filename’ to get more detailed information.
- When the update is complete, restart the printer.
Configure the AirPrint to the iOS device.
- Go to settings on your Apple device and open the ‘wifi networks’.
- And under the ‘choose a network’ option, click on the name of the printer.
Configure the application on Mac computer.
- First, open the wireless menu from the printer and select ‘wireless direct’. And keep the setting on ‘default’.
- Now go to the Apple menu and click on ‘system preferences’.
- Choose the ‘print and scan’ option and click the ‘+’ sign located at the bottom.
- After that, click on ‘nearby printers’ and select your printer.
- Click on ‘print using’ and then select ‘AirPrint’.
- Finally, click ‘add’ to add the printer to the queue.
These are the stages and the steps that are associated in setting up and configuring AirPrint to an HP printer. If you have any queries or if you come across any technical difficulty, you can dial HP printer Customer service number to get remote assistance from skilled professionals.